Friday, December 23, 2005

and he has to spoil it

I finally finished all my christmas shopping a few days ago and was so pleased with myself that I accomplished the task and bought the things I’d set out for myself to buy, just that I didn’t get down to wrapping them until I had ALL the gifts with me at the same time. *shrugs* has to be some weird habit, I think.

Anyhow, I was all ready, so in the mood to wrap the presents. The ‘tools’ were carefully laid and neatly spread around me - assorted wrapping papers in front, scissors on right, scotch tape beside it, rulers and penknife go together so they are placed in the same assembly line as the tapes and scissors, pens, coloured tapes, glues, u-hu sticks, double-sided’s, basically anything stationery in nature; but most importantly, not forgetting the gifts, they are on my left. So just when I’d comfortably planted myself on the floor, ‘tools’ within arms’ reach, all so ready and was about to begin wrapping, here comes dear big brother, whose comments nor response were most redundant and definitely not required but spoke anyway, “Out of curiosity, does everyone gets this thing from you, from the pantry auntie right down to the security guards outside the building?”

If stares can kill, I wish, at this point in time, I could just stare him to death, but with the fakest smile I could find, I turned to him and said, “NO, not everyone, actually.” I was trying to sound serene. He, who obviously was pretending to ignore my answer, however continued, “So, why do u go to the extent of doing all these? Buying all these stuffs and wrapping them one by one? Is it so that u can be more popular and well-liked by others huh?” To which, I replied, “OH, YES, U’RE SO RITE. TO BE POPULAR AND GAIN ATTENTION.” And, just for your information, I forgot to mention that u should probably go back to kindergarten and start all over again on reading the little books children learn about christmas spirit, caring, and giving. Oh, then again, dun bother anyway; u’re just going to dirty the books. Get a life, man. U're such a lamer.

No comments: