Love of a grandma's.
I hardly find silent movies interesting, let alone moving. But this one seems to tug the heartstrings. Throughout the entire movie, the 77-year-old granny, being mute, never spoken a single word, yet, it is this very uncluttered, resonant essence that relays the unconditional love of a granny to her grandchild, without lectures or confrontations.
I'd seen it in the cinema when they released it in 2002.
Seeing it again this time, though on tv, I somehow felt a new but familiar emotion also set in. I knew then that it was because I'd appreciated the things the old granny did for her grandson much more than I had when I watched it 3 years ago.

Actors:
Old Granny (Eul-Boon Kim)
Grandson (Seung-Ho Yoo)
Waking up, you realised that it's just a movie and life seldom gives you a second chance to realise that in real life.

2 comments:
Grandmas are the best. They always dote on you and want to cook for you...it's great.
i cant agree more.
Post a Comment